The Senior Account Manager is responsible for the relationship between LEAP and its clients. They will look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, and the marshaling of agency resources. The Senior Account Manager will be the key, day-to-day agency representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation. They must be knowledgeable in both the client's business and the agency business.
The Senior Account Manager reviews all creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before delivery to the client for approval and they keep regular contact with all agency accounts at a strategic level. This person should hold a business or marketing degree, together with successful advertising agency experience. The senior account manager needs strong verbal and written communications skills; a capability for analytical thinking; a sense of entrepreneurship; dynamic presentation skills; personal organization; and interpersonal skills.
Reports to the Vice President of Client Services.
May manage/direct Client Services Department Personnel
- Maintains direct, day-to-day, strategic senior-level client contact.
- Directs the activities of account coordinators to ensure proper agency service to clients.
- Works in a proactive manner to provide client marketing plans with the greatest amount of added value through communications.
- Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full communications plans.
- Briefs creative and media staff.
- Ensures technical and product representations are appropriate.
- Provides creative, production, media, public relations and interactive department personnel with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups. Develops client project and maintenance briefs.
- In the absence of creative and media personnel, presents and effectively sells communications plans, concepts, media and interactive marketing plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, supports them in selling concepts and plans.
- Provides clients with budget updates and planning.
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments.
- Creates and/or coordinates and authorizes proposals for client approval.
- Assists in preparation of client invoices.
- Checks and approves copy, design, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Fosters development and gainful employment of junior account service staff where appropriate.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Writes / reviews Client Contact Reports; reviews important developments with relevant account coordinators and VP of Client Development.
- Prepares month-end overviews of client's current activities, and monthly revenue forecasts, plus plans for future development of accounts.
- Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development.
- Regularly attends and represents the agency at industry functions and promotes the agency at every opportunity. Is fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties.
- Regularly visits accounts to not only build relationships, but provide a strategic layer to the LEAP/Client relationship.
- Continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars.
- Minimum of 5+ agency and advertising experience required
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Advertising, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Business Master's degree preferred
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience brainstorming with a team for ideation and creative ideas
- Exposure to national brands, both B2B and B2C
- Passion for advertising
- Ability to see other people's points of view and take constructive feedback
- Have an eye for detail
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess good leadership, people and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time; you enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, collaborative team environment
- Ability to travel 15%-35%
LEAP is a full-service digital agency that makes brands easy-to-find and hard-to-ignore. Believing that successful brands must Market Less and Matter More, LEAP integrates brands not just across different platforms but into people's lives. LEAP offers a full-range of digital services including Research + Analytics, Strategy + Planning, Creative + UX, Search, Social Media, Technology, Digital Campaigns + Integrated Marketing, Digital Film + Motion Graphics and Delivery Management. For more information about LEAP visit: www.leapagency.com