LEAP Group is hiring a full-time Senior Writer to join our agency network.
WHO IS THE SENIOR WRITER?
The Senior Writer is a conceptual thinker with excellent copywriting skills and experience conveying/growing the brand voice and narrative. You have big ideas and are an active collaborator in creative concepting.
This role functions on LEAP Group's internal marketing team, which helps "market our marketers." The role of the marketing team is to drive awareness, consideration, and leads for LEAP Group's four individual agencies, as well as elevating the LEAP Group network brand. The team handles content creation (blogs, video, social media), thought leadership (Logic + Magic publication, whitepapers) website development and maintenance, and marketing/advertising campaigns for the four agencies and LEAP Group itself.
- You're an experienced writer with expertise across a broad range of mediums from digital to print
- You can write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice for multiple brands
- You're a natural collaborator
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving team environment
- You're highly creative and imaginative
- You're able to get the details right, without losing sight of the big picture
- You can conduct research and interviews to gather the foundational knowledge needed
- You understand online content strategy, creation and SEO principles
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 5+ years relevant experience (agency experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent writing skills, including creative writing, copywriting, and headline writing
- Video script and storyboarding experience
- Experience working as a part of a creative team and participating in team brainstorms for creative ideation
- Experience in concepting big ideas and pitching work
- Experience putting pitch decks and/or RFIs/RFPs together
- Experience writing for a brand and conveying brand voice/tone
- Experience writing editorial / thought leadership / long-form content
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work effectively within deadlines and deliver on time
Applications must be submitted with a portfolio and writing samples to be considered.
When joining LEAP, you're joining a team that is passionate, innovative, and connected. Some words we've heard our teammates use to describe our culture are welcoming, collaborative, flexible, and dog-friendly (warning: your interview may be accompanied by a wagging tail).
We give our team the ability to make an impact with clients, while expanding their experience and depth of knowledge in the process. We like to show our appreciation for everything our teammates do by offering supportive and inclusive benefits that allow them to thrive. This includes things like:
- Remote work options
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Unlimited PTO and Summer Fridays (office fully closed the 1st and 3rd Fridays of June/July/Aug)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid access to coaching and therapy
- Local fitness membership
- 401k plan with 1:1 access to investment advisor
- Company profit sharing
- Health, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits
- Paid professional development opportunities
DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE MARKETING COMES FROM DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE TEAMS
We recognize our teammates are our greatest assets in helping our clients market less and matter more. Diverse backgrounds, opinions and perspectives on our team allow us to expand our own perspectives and, in the process, create solutions that are innovative, creative, and strategic.
We're constantly working to transform our agencies and industry into spaces that are more diverse, equitable, and inclusive, and we welcome the addition of YOUR unique voice and perspective. Don't forget to ask us about our focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion during your interview.
Important note: if you think you have what it takes to be a great Senior Writer but don't necessarily meet all of these qualifications, please still apply! While we work hard to eliminate unnecessary requirements from our job ads, our teams and needs are constantly evolving, and we'd always love the opportunity to connect and see what might be a fit.
WHERE IS THIS ROLE?
We are located in Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, OH, and Indianapolis, IN. While we'd love you to be in our footprint, this role is open to remote candidates in the United States.
CHECK US OUT
To learn more about our agencies and work, visit www.leapgroupnetwork.com
LEAP complies with the ADA and ADAAA. If you need reasonable accommodation to apply, interview, or do the job, please send an email to our Human Resources Manager, Chelsea, at email@example.com so that we can evaluate your accommodation request.